Crypto Coin Counter is a free Google Spreadsheet designed to track the approximate value of your Crypto Coins, including BitCoin (BTC), LiteCoin (LTC), and other coins offered by the supported exchanges. It shows you the estimated net worth of each coin tracked in BTC and USD, and shows the estimated total value of your coins in either LTC or BTC, and in a supported currency of your choice. All estimates are based on the latest price at your chosen exchange, or the latest currency conversion rates from Google Finance. Of course fees and the depth of the market are not taken into account, so please keep that in mind.
- You will need a Google Account to use this spreadsheet. If you do not already have one please Click Here to create one
- Click Here to open a read only view of the spreadsheet
- From the File menu (in Google Apps, not your browser), select Make a Copy...
- When the popup appears, rename your copy if desired, and click OK
- Your personal copy of the spreadsheet will open. You may want to close the read only copy now to avoid confusion.
- Important Note: Only change the white fields, editing the shaded fields will most likely cause problems. If your copy is broken please just download the latest version.
- In the header there is a preferences section, select your preferred cryptocoin and currency for your totals, and your preferred exchanges for LTC->BTC and BTC->USD conversion.
- Start entering your coins:
- Select an appropriate exchange from the pull down list for estimating the value of your coin in LTC, BTC or USD.
- Enter a note if desired, I typically record where the coins are held, for example 'LTC at BTC-e' or 'LTC at LTC Mining Pool'. You can have multiple lines for the same type of coin.
- Enter the quantity of that coin.
- Repeat until all your coins have been entered.
- Click Get Latest Prices to get the latest exchange prices. You will need to authorize the scripts to run the first time you use them.
Updating to a new Version:
- Follow the instructions above to step 7.
- Open your old version.
- Highlight from A5 to C??? until all your coin entries have been selected.
- Press Ctrl-C (or Command-C on OS X) to copy.
- Open the new version.
- Right click cell A5 and from the menu select Paste Special > Paste values only.
- You may need to reselect any exchanges that might not be supported in the new version.
Simply click the Get Latest Prices button to update the prices.
Note: The exchange prices do not update automatically, you will need to click the Get Latest Prices button on a regular basis to see the most recent prices. This is to avoid overloading the exchange APIs with unnecessary queries. It has also been coded to only look up exchange rates you have selected, and only look up each one once if it appears multiple times.
Updating the Exchange and Currency lists:
These do not change often, but if you find your list appears to be out of date you can update these lists from the CryptoCoinCounter menu on the Google Apps menu bar.
This spreadsheet is provided As-Is, but if you run into issues please check the FAQ.
Donations are welcome, please send them to the addresses below:
- BTC: 1L9dabiQHxDamNFAnEUzfQgeLSByy3a2kZ
- LTC: LUS5372tArxH4Feag9hgoixyVTWiQwCok2
1.20 - 2014-01-01 - Allows for manual entry of coins not listed on the supported exchanges, and supports the addition of additional exchanges with fairly standard APIs without a version upgrade.
1.12 - 2013-12-29 - Better handling of API errors when getting latest prices, including retries on 502 errors (I'm looking at you Crytpsy), and other optimizations to the API code.
1.11 - 2013-12-23 - Bug fix for BTC holdings.
1.10 - 2013-12-21 - Added 3 more exchanges, added support for holding Fiat (Cash) at the exchanges, and improved totaling functionality.
1.02 - 2013-12-19 - Minor fixes to the update code.
1.01 - 2013-12-19 - Initial Release.